Loyola University Chicago’s Department of Conference Services is preparing for one of our busiest summer conference seasons yet and we are looking for hard-working Loyola students that want to join our dynamic team! If you are a Loyola student, interested in living and working in Chicago in summer 2015, and are customer service driven, we want to hear from you.
The mission of Conference Services at Loyola University Chicago is to provide our guests with an environment of excellence through unique and affordable event solutions. Our Jesuit academic setting encompasses state-of-the-art facilities, sustainable resources, exemplary customer service, and values-based leadership that thrives from diversity in a first-tier city.
We are looking for student employees to assist conference operations at both the Lake Shore and Water Tower campuses. Conference Services is hiring for a variety of positions including At Your Service Desk, Guest Liaisons, Office Staff, Audio/Visual Technicians, and Conference Managers. We are currently looking for qualified students who possess the following traits:
- Ability to work 32-40 hours per week, including weekends, holidays, and evenings. Extra hours may be necessary.
- Are enrolled as a student at Loyola University Chicago.
- Are available from May 17th – August 15th.
- Have knowledge of Loyola University Chicago’s Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses.
- Background and experience in customer service.
- Solid communication and administrative skills.
- Are outgoing, energetic, and customer-service oriented.
- Are able to attend all training sessions and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Can move and handle up to 50 pounds.
- Are reliable, responsible, collaborative, and flexible.
Summer Conference Services employees will receive a generous compensation package including shared residence hall lodging on either the Lake Shore or Water Tower Campus. Please note, on-campus housing is required and we will not permit staff to live off campus during the summer conference season. Some positions allow for one summer class per session. For more information and an application, please email email@example.com. Applications are due February 13, 2015 by 5:00pm.